Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2003 15:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sophia masuko I have recently joined a Local Authourity as an assistant health and safety adviser(from construction), one of my tasks is to revise the corporate guidance for the management of asbestos.Can anyone help me with a user-friendly format for writing up this document please?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 June 2003 11:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sheralyn Pattison HI Sophia, Have you tried looking through the intranet at the other policies and procedures of local authorities around you. Most people have these on there websites. Hope this helps Sheralyn
Admin  
#3 Posted : 26 June 2003 12:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By stephen j mills Sophia, get hold of HSG227 - A comprehensive guide to managing asbestos in premises. This will point you to developing an asbestos management strategy, and gives a number of case studies, one of which happens to be a Local Authority. Steve
Admin  
#4 Posted : 26 June 2003 13:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Wakeham Dear Sophia If you would like to e-mail me direct i may be able to assist you with what you require. I project manage an Asbestos surveying programme and have gone through the pain barrier already?? Do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of any assistance!! Ian
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 July 2003 14:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sophia masuko Thanks everyone for all your assistance all the contributions were extremely helpful.