Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2003 13:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe Ridley Hi All, I know this will seem like a basic question, but can someone point me in the right direction for proving to my employer that the NVQ Level 4 is the Equivalent to a NEBOSH Diploma. I have went through our personnel section and they have said the NVQ4 is only equivalent to NEBOSH Diplopma pt1. I just need proof, as a restructure is on the cards and my position will move to a higher grade on qualification as a Health and Safety Officer which I am doing through NVQ4. Thanks Joe
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 July 2003 13:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Joe IOSH can provide you with a flow chart showing the various routes to MIOSH (and beyond). Two of our staff have just been awarded their Level 4 VQs and have subsequently been advised that they now have corporate membership status. Good luck.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2003 13:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Bruce Joe, If it's any help I have Corporate Membership of IOSH. This attained once I'd completed my NVQ 4 early last year. I also have the Diploma Part 1 and the Certificate. This qualification and my membership status helped me get my present job with Coventry City Council as a Senior Health and Safety Adviser. Good luck!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 July 2003 13:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hilary Charlton Joe If you check out www.statistics.gov.uk/Harmony/appendices/Appendix F.asp you will find the official grading from the Office of National Statistics published by the Government. This should prove pretty conclusive for all NVQs, not just OHS. Hilary
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 July 2003 14:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe Ridley Hi Hilary, I have tried the link you provided but it does not seem to work and I have tried looking at the site, but I am not sure what I am looking for. Can you give an idea of what section I should be looking under? Thanks Joe
Admin  
#6 Posted : 02 July 2003 14:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott The link is good if you take out the space at AppendixF!
Admin  
#7 Posted : 02 July 2003 15:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe Ridley Thanks David, no problems now Cheers Joe