Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2003 17:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin West I am trying to encourage my boss to consider implementing the OHSAS 18001 scheme for our sites. He has asked me to give a presentation on the scheme, what it entails and so on. I have a copy of the standard. However, I was wondering if anyone has already put a presentation together and would be willing to let me have a copy of it to save me re-inventing the wheel. Thanks in advance, Kev
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2003 09:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin West Stuart, Many thanks for the info you have sent to me directly, It will prove invaluable in my cause. Thanks! Kev
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2003 11:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Kevin, I have also e-mailed you directly with a FAQ document on this subject that we keep on file. It notes the expected benefits that implementing OHSAS 18001 should entail and the international recognition that a certified system enjoys. If anyone else wants a copy please just ask, by clicking on my name above and emailing direct.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2003 15:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser I just had a shufti through my web Favourites and found this URL - it should be helpful as well. http://www.ohsas-18001-o...l-health-and-safety.com/ Regards, Sean
Admin  
#5 Posted : 04 July 2003 11:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin West Again, many thanks for your response and the link provided. All information is greatfully recieved. Kev
Admin  
#6 Posted : 04 July 2003 20:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Kevin I have just been browsing through a book that I think might be of value to you if it is the 18001 route you are interested in. It is called; "Managing Safety the Systems Way BS8800 to )OHSAS18001 - Implementing a cost-effective management system for OHS" It is a BSI publication. It appears to be very well laid out and geared towards the SME and the larger organisation. Good luck Ciaran
Admin  
#7 Posted : 07 July 2003 11:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond Look at an earlier thread I started on OHSAS 18001 last year. There were some vary useful replies - I convinced our board of directors. The assessor is doing his first visit to us on Monday next week!!