Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 July 2003 10:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah J Shaw I am looking for information or a suitable training video which could be used to instruct operators on how to put on, decontaminate and take off protective chemical suits. We have had a number of contaminations with chemicals as a result of the operators removing these items without decontaminating first or taking it off in an incorrect manner. In the past this has been taken for granted with experienced operators, but we have a number of new staff and I need to develop a more formalised procedure. Many PPE training videos cover the PPE legislation well, but are poor at showing the decontamination process, and on how to remove PPE correctly. Thanks Sarah
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 July 2003 10:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Sarah Given the intricacies of decontamination, I hope that you will be providing practical training to supplement the video. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 July 2003 12:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah J Shaw All our PPE training includes practical elements, hence why I need something so that we can work up the training from it and sure that we have learnt the correct methods before imparting this to the staff. I don't want to rely on operator's experience as I need to ensure they are doing it right in the first place.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 July 2003 19:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Linda Crossland-Clarke will the company you bought them from not supply training? If you really get stuck, contact your local army unit, I'm sure they will do some training with you in the community spirit. They all have to do NBC suit training. (nuclear, biological, chemical) Linda
Admin  
#5 Posted : 31 July 2003 13:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker What about the fire brigades college - Moreton in the Marsh. I've got a feeling I've seen something similar on their mailing list they send me.