Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 July 2003 01:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Allsopp
Apologies if this has been previously covered - if so I have been unable to find it.

My client (Beaty Salon)asked whether she should display her insurance details for her customers. I believe there is no legal requirement to display, can anyone clarify this? Is there any other details she should display?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2003 07:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer.
Chris.

The Employers Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998 gives the information you require. Basically your client has a duty to take out Employers liability insurance in order to operate as a business. Your client also has to post the certificate or a copy of this in the workplace in a position that is easy to see and easily read.

Failure to comply with these requirements is calculated on a basis of £1000 per day for not having liability insurance and £400 for failure to display.

All certificates or copies need to be retained by your client for at least 40 years.

Hope this is of use

Cheers

Keith
Admin  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2003 08:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson
Doesn't have to be public display only employees, so staff rest area / notice board.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 31 July 2003 10:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Allsopp
Many thanks for the response - what I understand is that firstly an Employer must have adequate insurance for her employees and these details must be available on display for her employees to view, however she doesn't need to post/display her insurance details regarding customers.
If you have any further points I'd be pleased to hear them.
Thanks again
Admin  
#5 Posted : 31 July 2003 11:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young
The certificate in question is for Employers liability not Public Liability, Dave is correct again.