Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2003 14:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Trevor Pierce
I have just heard that there has been a fatality from falling from height at a Royal Mail establishment.
Can anyone give me any up to date information on this.

Thanks in advance
Trevor
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2003 11:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt
This incident is obviously still under investigation, but mercifully has not resulted in a fatality. The person concerned was a contractor removing a translucent roofing panel during replacement when he fell through the void created. The incident happened on Friday morning at Swansea. I believe this information is in the public domain - at this stage I don't think it would be right for me to give any more details other than to mention that a 40ft fall on this occasion resulted in a broken arm and possibly some rib damage - which is the least you could expect from a fall onto machinery stored beneath.

Allan
Admin  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2003 08:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Trevor Pierce
Thanks Allan
Show's how things get garbled in the telling
(chinese whispers)

Thanks again
Trevor