Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2003 16:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jez Corfield Dear colleagues, The advice about laptops in the updated DSE Regulations is welcome, but the requirement to DSE assess portables is based on it being in 'frequent' use or more than 'occasional' I am about to advise managers and staff that about 10 hours (max) is occasional and anything more than that would be frequent. Has anyone else had to get to grips with this, if so what was outcome? Jez
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2003 16:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack 10 hours a day? a week? a year?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2003 16:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jez Corfield Jack 10 hours per week. Jez
Admin  
#4 Posted : 04 September 2003 22:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Bywater Jez, I agree with you, we have jsut been issued with new desktops and laptops and the view was taken that more than 2 hours per day was classed as a "user" and had to be assessed accordingly. Up to 2 hours - no issue - no assessment. Cheers, Mark
Admin  
#5 Posted : 04 September 2003 22:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor I take this as being use that does not make the operative a designated user - however you currently interpret the guidance in deciding who are your designated users.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 08 September 2003 11:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terry Lilley Our company policy is that all 'laptop users' are assessed to comply with best practice.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 08 September 2003 11:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terry Lilley Jez We, as company policy deem that all 'laptop users' are assessed to comply with best practice,