Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 September 2003 10:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michael Gavaghan
I have been given this role by my employer to over see a small construction within our own factory area. mainly ground work steel erection/cladding of building are there any tips or hints anyone could pass on I would be most grateful.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2003 11:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip Roberts
Michael,
The HSE web site has free leaflets on CDM regulations and the roles of the main players in construction. Under construction there is a leaflet outlining the role of the Planning Supervisor.

Hope this is of some help,

Best regards
Phil Roberts
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2003 11:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tom Waddell
Michael. There is a wealth if HSE leaflets out there, there is also HSG224, the ACOP to the Costruction (Design & Management) Regulations 1994, which gives some precise information on the role and responsibilities of the Planning Supervisor.

Not wanting to worry you, but you don't mention your own skills and experience, and to protect yourself, I would ensure that you are aware of the responsibilities and duties placed upon you by your employer within this role.

You need to have sufficient experience, or be able to obtain professional advice, to ensure that you can comment on the design and contractors Health and Safety Plan, in addition to preparing the pre-tender H&S plan.There is a requirement to have H&S knowledge, as well as knowledge of the construction process, especially in this case to steelwork erection and cladding operations, which involve work at height, something of a favourite with the HSE at the moment.

If you would like to discuss this, please e-mail me back with a phone number