Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 September 2003 16:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Clement As adviser to a fire and rescue service I want to improve the speed with which we record and process event data [with "event" meaning any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurence or episode of work-related ill-health]relating to our employees. What experiences have you had with "electronic" recording by line managers at geographically scattered premises of what happened to who, where and when and if they are absent as a result? Our current paper version is cumbersome and not user-freindly. Any "on-screen" intranet versions that could be used? I look forward to your replies Many thanks Peter Clement
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2003 21:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Harmsworth We have developed a relatively sophisticated system of event monitoring and management follow up called SHERMS, Safety, Health & Environmental Management System. This is capable of logging multiple events against a single incident. If you are interested please give me a ring on 01454 624059 My name is Tony Harmsworth and I am Head of OH&S for the Environment Agency.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2003 08:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Bruce Peter, We at Coventry Education Authority are just about to begin a trial of a secure internet based system produced by Safety Software Limited 0870 830 7900. We've no idea yet whether it will suit our needs - many scattered sites, reporting to one centre, many different events - accidents, assaults, fires etc, ability to use the data to generate reports (RIDDOR and internal) and also be user friendly. It might be worth you phoning them, we looked around for ages before we found this company, who seemed to take our diversity in their stride. I'm not connected with them in any way, I should point out; it just seems that they have a good product.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 22 September 2003 12:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Danny Swygart We are currently looking at an intranet Health, Safety, Environment and Quality SMS (the various components can be bought individually). This can do all the things you are asking for and much more. Take a look at Entropy International's Envoy system at www.entropy-international.com Danny.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 22 September 2003 14:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Hides Hi Peter We have developed an intranet based event recording solution that seems to fit what you are looking for, it will log multiple events from geogrphically remote sites and allow central co-ordination. Please call me on 0115 848 4950 if you wish to discuss further. My name is Alan Hides and I am a director of SolutioHost UK Ltd