Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2003 14:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. I am looking for a powerpoint presentation based on the reduction of office based paper and wondered if anyone has a copy they could send me. Thanks in advance Keith
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2003 17:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Pearson Nothing specifically on that but look at the Envirowise web site and the Environmental technology Best Practice Programme. They have lots of powerpoint prsentations on waste minimisation.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 September 2003 21:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michael Miller Did they not invent computers to reduce office paper!! (paperless systems) or have I lost the plot. Strange world when e-mails reduced the volume of paper and yet some telecom organisations are banning them.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 25 September 2003 11:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Petrie The boffins at Philips have just developed a prototype for paperless paper, no really, there is an article in the technology section of the bbc news website. With regards to your request for a presentation, would you like that printed off and posted to you?
Admin  
#5 Posted : 29 September 2003 09:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. Thank you all for your reply’s, this has given me a few more ideas for our EMS objectives for 2004 Neil I will have a look on the envirowise website. Michael for reminding me that computers were invented to eliminate the use of office paper. This gives me the opportunity to propose the removal of all our company’s printers. saving on the cost of ink cartridges and disposal, not to mention the savings on electricity and of course the dreaded paper. Did the communications company ban e-mail to provide a postal service?. Andie Could you please send me copies of both the electronically and printed version so that I can compare and contrast (is that nebosh speak) both versions. Thanks for info on BBC site. Again thanks to you all Keith