Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2003 14:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick House Hi All As part of a driver training programme that I am developing, I am trying (unsucessfully I might add) to come up with questions to form a driver attitudinal questionnaire as a pre-cursor to the training sessions. Has anyone been down this route already? If so, have you a blank questionnaire that I could plagiarise? I have put together a lot of the training package, together with a revised MORR document including an updated section on the use of mobile phones whilst driving (banning this completely!), but in order to pitch the training at the right level, the questionnaire would come in really handy. Very many thanks in advance. Regards Nick.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 October 2003 10:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By smudge Good morning Nick I recently had the same conversation with ROSPA about the attitudes of Firefighter Drivers. They sent me an example of something that they have developed, that you may find useful. But nothing is for nothing and i think the cost is approx. £25.00 per driver. It is computer based and you can produce hard copy reports. Hope this helps. Smudge
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 October 2003 10:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Nick As an aside, have you considered using the recently produced video "The Driver" on your course. It tells the story of a driver with an exemplary record who took his eyes of the road for a second too long. The consequences for the driver and the lessons to be learned are incredible. I showed it to a small group of drivers yesterday and each of them described how they were overwhelmed by the message and how they would not be taking so much for granted the next time they are behind the wheel of a vehicle. I imagine that if you were to do a driver attitude survey before the course started and immediately after showing this video you would find many attitudes have changed. Good luck with your course. Ciaran mailto:ciaran@confinedspaces.com
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 October 2003 12:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick House Hi Smudge/ Ciaran Thanks for the responses. Smudge - sounds good to me - I'll give RoSPA a call this afternoon and see what I can come up with. Ciaran - I have a video from the DSA entitled 'Moving Targets.......watching out for vulnerable road users' which I plan to show. Can you let me know where I can purchase a copy of the video that you mentioned? Best regards Nick.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 October 2003 13:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Minter Hi Nick, It may be useful to contact the RHDTC, they may or not be able to give advice or assistance. Ian
Admin  
#6 Posted : 08 October 2003 13:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Nick, What is the RHDTC? I probably know but can't place the acronym immeidately. Thanks, Sean.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 08 October 2003 14:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick House Hi Sean I've just carried out a quick search, and it is the Road Haulage Distribution Training Centre. Hope this helps (I'll go back and have a look myself now to see if I can obtain anything that will help me.) Regards Nick.
Admin  
#8 Posted : 08 October 2003 15:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew I. Butler I have emailed you a questionaire direct. I hope this is of use. Regards AIB