Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 October 2003 17:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Julie Stone
Does anyone know a supplier of the concertina type door guards to avoid trapping fingers. I volunteered to seek out this info at my first PTA meeting!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2003 10:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jerry Sanderson
Julie,

Try Fingershield (UK)LTD. Website is www.fingershield.co.uk phone number is 0161 272 5500.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 October 2003 13:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By W Scott Murdoch
I CAN SUPPLY A NAME OF A COMPANY WHERE YOU CAN BUY FINGER TRAP KITS OR A COMPANY WHO FIT THEM

SLINGERS HARDWARE IN PRESTON LANCASHIRE

FITTED BY BID GROUP LTD 0870 607 5050

HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP

SCOTT
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 October 2003 22:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor
Fingershield are probably among the better ones. I would recommend getting samples from the various suppliers and trying them on actual doors as I have seen some rather poor examples in the past that fall off, get pulled off by children or split with constant opening and closing of the doors. Carol Ainge at Kidrapt may have some recommendations for you (www.childsafety.co.uk).
Admin  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2003 12:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Julie Stone
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond to my message. I've found your comments most helpful.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 13 November 2003 10:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michael Venables
Boewood Prevention Ltd do a product called Fingagard which is as you described. There website is: www.doorsafety.com
Admin  
#7 Posted : 14 November 2003 10:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Wright
We've used the concertina finger guards in a number of schools - they do work well but can I emphasise that the key to their performance is the quality of the fitting process. Try to get one set fitted and tested before you get the rest of them fitted. We've had to spend extra time going back to get the screws replaced with longer ones, the number of fixings increased or fixing positions altered.