Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2003 08:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Trevor Pierce
As a newly appointed H&S Advisor (Mon 24/11/03), to a construction company based at their head office,I have been asked to compile a questionnaire on the H&S training each employee has had at H/O.

Has anyone compiled one before and can you send me a copy/ or can anyone give advice on what information to ask for/receive.

e-mails to trevor.pierce@thkenyonplc.co.uk

Many thanks in advance

Trevor
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2003 16:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott
I hate to see a thread go unanswered so here goes! The HSE's IND(G)235L, now out of print I believe, is a guide for people who have duties under H&S law to provide information, instruction and training. It is a useful starting point as it gives a listing of who has the duty, what has to be provided, when it has to be provided and sources of further information.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 November 2003 17:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Barthrope
Trevor,
Why don't you just send out a memo to all employees with lots of boxes available, so that each person can fill it in telling you what courses they have achieved and the expiery dates etc? You can then sit back and wait for the responses to come flooding in. Regards Alan
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2003 08:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Trevor Pierce
Alan

Its all very well saying let them fill in the boxes, but you have to have the right information for them to fill in!

At the H/O, the questionnaire will not only cover "construction staff" ie contract managers, quantity surveyors etc, but also the clerical staff/ directors as well.

Do I include such topics as Confined Spaces Training? which is the question and information that I require to make the questionnaire feasible, and if anyone has already done one, as the saying goes why re-invent the wheel!
Admin  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2003 17:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch
Trevor

Welcome to the world of prequals!

Before you joined, someone else was filling in the H&S questionnaire.

Now cos it says it's about H&S its the responsibility of the H&S person.

I presume someone, eg HR department keeps accident records (even if not up to date and comprehensive)

Your company would not be working for some of the clients you have relationships with eg BAA unless you have not been able to jump through loops such as the question you are trying to answer.

Suggest you find out how similar PQs have been answered previously.

Good luck.

Peter