Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 November 2003 01:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Filce
My Company uses hand operated compressed air lines to clean machinary. I hate the things and want it stopped.

What is the best way of going about it. I feel, as a manager, I need to just go in with the big heavy boots and try for an instantanious response. What do thers think?

Dave
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 November 2003 07:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman
Dave,

I don't like them myself but have had to admit in the past that, for some jobs, they are very difficult to eliminate. Try risk assessments and then appropriate control measures - standard airline pistols are limited to about 2 bars pressure, designed to give a cone of air around the main stream to stop blown material rebounding towards the user. Eye protection is a must as is area protection to avoid contacting other people.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 November 2003 11:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey
I have a short Power Point presentation on Compressed Air, might help get the message home, let me know if this would be of help and I will email direct.

Pete
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 November 2003 09:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By brian mills
peter would find that powerpoint presentation really useful, it you can please to

bmills70@hotmail.com

regards
B