Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 December 2003 16:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Emma Forbes Hi Everyone! Got one that I'm pretty stuck on. Our loaders on our refuse crews are complaining that the driver sets the heating too high in the cab of the refuse wagon. When they open the windows the driver closes it electrically. They're complaining that they are falling asleep when they're travelling from town to town. Does anyone know of any guidance or Regs that would be an "acceptable" temperature? I'm not sure that it's covered in the Welfare Regs.....??
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2003 08:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By tina There is no legislation for this. The WHSW reg exempts vehicles. This is one of those times you have to tell them to play nicely together. You may wish to provide some extra cold weather clothing to the driver and explain to the rest that as s/he is not involved in the physical activity of the job, so s/he is more likely to feel the cold.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2003 08:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Emma That's the first time I have heard of workers complaining about falling asleep on the job; what diligent workers you must have! TGIF Paul