Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2004 13:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By ian mcnally
I have been trying to view a copy of the Herald of Free Enterprise report court no 8047 by Sheen. Having spent an hour on the web and seen countless references to it I have been unsuccessful in finding the actual report so am going in quest of a ham sandwich. If anyone could point me in the right direction you could save me a great deal of time as well as making me a happy chap.

It may simply be that it has just not been made available, I had thought that since it is such a well know source of reference It would be out there somewhere.

Thanks

Ian
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2004 16:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kelvin George
Hi Ian

Read HSE Leaflet INDG361.

In this leaflet it gives you the names and addresses of the two bodies that probably have information regarding the Herald of Free Enterprise

Hope this is of use

Cheers Kelvin
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2004 21:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Miller
Have you tried 'Technical Indexes? I am unable to access it myself at the moment as the site seems to be down. However I will keep trying and if I get lucky I will contact you. I will be amazed if it is not there.

Mike
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2004 09:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Barthrope
Ian,

I Know it's not the report you are looking for, but there is some information on the folowing site which may be of help.

http://business.unisa.ed.../case_studies/study3.htm

PS Hope you enjoyed the ham sandwich.

Regards

Alan B
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2004 12:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch
Ian

If you have access to Technical Indexes Occupational Health and Safety Information System (OHSIS) the report is there.

Can't send it to you for copyright reasons but details follow:

© Crown copyright 1987
First published 1987
Third Impression 1988
MV HERALD OF FREE ENTERPRISE
REPORT OF COURT NO. 8074 FORMAL INVESTIGATION
ISBN 0 11 550828 7

Price according to OHSIS £10.50.

Good luck, Peter
Admin  
#6 Posted : 14 January 2004 09:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By ian mcnally
I would just like to say a big THANKYOU to all those who have responded with info. I have responded separately to those who have emailed me direct with some especially helpful information. Good this IOSH website isn’t it!