Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2004 15:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis MSc MIOSH RSP Having discovered a small poorly labelled container of a chemical. With no COSHH details to go on, only the name "Caseron G"- how do I dispose of a small quantaty of this-any other conditions?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2004 15:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd Francis, It is a herbicide. I have found reference to it in a document called "The Herbicide Handbook: Guidance on the use of herbicides on nature conservation sites". I have e-mailed this document to you and page 4/33 gives details of the manufacturer/distributor. Regards, Karen
Admin  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2004 15:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Francis I can find only one English language reference to this - it appears to be a pesticide or herbicide so dispose as special waste. Paul
Admin  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2004 17:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Francis, In case previous responses haven't solved your problem contact details for supplier as follows: Certis (formerly Hortichem) Horticultural chemicals
Telephone and fax Tel: (01980) 676500 Fax: (01980) 626555
Address 1B Mills Way Boscombe Down Business Pk Amesbury Wilts SP4 7RX Map Amesbury, Wiltshire On the other hand there is of course a long history of disposing chemicals in Brum the old fashioned way - when I was at Uni they said that "you don't have to be Christ to walk across the canal at Selly Oak" - through to more recent scandals with eg disposal of asbestos in school playgrounds, the employment of children to do asbestos stripping. Just yet more reassurance (a cryptic message that most readers will not understand!) Regards, Peter
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 January 2004 08:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Overbury Your local civic amenity site may well be able to assist with the disposal (my local site takes paints, gas cylinders and other Special Wastes). If you don't get anywhere following up the responses to your post please email me. Tony
Admin  
#6 Posted : 27 January 2004 09:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis MSc MIOSH RSP Thanks to all the repondants- its proved once more how invaluable this site can be for quick advice (even if I am a bit biased) (Peter, come down to Birmingham- you will hardly recognise it as it has been enormously spruced up)