Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2004 13:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Harwood Good afternoon folks. I wonder if I may call upon your collective knowledge? We are considering transferring some used work equipment from one of our sites in North America. Obviously, it will not be CE marked. As it is an inter-company transfer, does the 'Supply of Machinery Regs' still apply? Also, is there any duty to CE mark the equipment prior to use in the UK, or are there any other duties we will need to consider to ensure legal compliance? Many thanks, Alan
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2004 14:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker Yes it does apply. And as the importer to the EEC you take on all responsibilities to ensure full compliance to all applicable directives. Machinery directive EMC directive to name but two.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 February 2004 14:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould I will try to help a little but please be warned that Im not RSP MIOSH ETC so this is not proffesional advice. Im sure someone will point you in the right direction but in the meantime this is what im led to believe. Supply Regs dont consider 1. manual powered machinery 2. machinery for use in transporting people or goods on the road (public roads) machinery for lifting people. 3. Machinery where main hazard is electrical or specific hazards dealt by other directives. 4. Machinery for export outside the EC 5. second hand machinery, OTHER THAN THAT IMPORTED FROM OUTSIDE THE EC. I take it then you may have to comply with the supply regs and definetly with PUWER when it gets here blah blah. I dont know about internal transfers but suspect this is irrelevent. What you can be looking at in the meantime until someone helps you further is the following. 1. satisfying the Essential Health and Safety Requriements (ESHR) 2. Looking at producing a technical file (not sure as it is for your own use) 3. A declaration of conformity 4. The CE mark 5. The User Law etc etc. However you may have just wanted a simple answer concerning in house transfers and if I have barked up the wrong tree my appollogies. Also not I only got a c grade for this one so reader beware. Im just thinking it may be usefull if you need to reply to the powers at be early this afternoon.:) Regards Jason