Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2004 12:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Charlie Gunter
I am looking for a simple risk assessment tool for use by practice managers in GP and dental surgeries.

Does anyone have a copyright free version they are willing to pass on or else point me towards one?

Thanks

Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2004 13:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy
Leeds City Council Health and Safety Inspection Group have developed this excellent training package as part of their commitment to working with businesses to achieve safe and healthy working environments for those at work. The package combines simple and practical advice with interactive learning exercises, to take you through a comprehensive step by step guide to health and safety risk assessment. The tutorial covers the basic principles behind risk assessment, explains the requirements of the Law - along with how to achieve compliance, and gives a simple demonstration case study to show how the different elements of risk assessment can be brought together to achieve real health and safety improvements. The final stage in the training package is a mock risk assessment exercise for you to practice the techniques you have learned.

Completing the tutorial will give you the information, knowledge and skills necessary to implement a successful risk assessment programme in your own place of work. www.leeds.gov.uk/risk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2004 13:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryan Weatherill
Try the HSE Publication - 5 steps to Risk Assessment - a simple qualititive system - good luck Bryan
Admin  
#4 Posted : 17 February 2004 16:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan
Charlie,

The following tool is freely available on my web-site, http://www.confinedspaces.com/oac/index.htm

It takes a holistic view of managing and controling work operations and can be applied from simple to complex scenarios.

Regards, Philip
Admin  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2004 09:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond
Have you tried the British Dental Association? A couple of years ago when I was helping a dentist with COSHH assessments, I referred to a BDA document on managing risks in dental surgeries - I don't remember the title or contact details - but it may be worth you tracking BDA down.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 18 February 2004 14:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By A. Neal Robertson
There are numerous free risk assessment forms and audit sheets at www.borders-safety.com on the downloads page that you can have a look at & freely adapt. While you are there check the "Safety Site" link on the links page.

Hope this helps you.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2004 12:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bharat Patel
Try this web site for a bespoke product for GP practices. This covers incidents and Significant Event Audit.

Although it is a commercial product, the product is likely to be paid for by the PCT
http://www.xgenics.com

Any other queries or demo, contact the author
Admin  
#8 Posted : 09 March 2004 13:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott
Charlie - back in 2002 the NHS Development Agency produced in collaboration with the HSE a CD ROM entitled Risk Assessment: a guide for general practice. The resource is based on the HSE's 5 Steps and includes a risk assessment proforma as well as othe rsupport material. I am not too sure where (or if) you can get a copy but could try www.hda-online.org.uk which is the Health Development Agencies web page. Good luck