Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2004 15:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Hi all My company are soon to be offering a home delivery service. The stock will be bulky items along the lines of garden sheds and conservatorys. We will be using a HIAB to deliver the stock. My question is how should we carry out delevery assessments? and should i get all drivers formaly trained? Thanx.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2004 09:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Uren Richard The Risk assessment is completed just like any other. However you have a combination of the HIAB and the public so the risks are higher immediately. The drivers should be trained in the use of the Hiab and in manual handling. Look at the bulk and difficulty of the deliveries. What controls do you need. How will you warn the public what is happening etc. ie signs etc. Just analyse how you are going to do it step by step and if necessary write the sequence down and brief the drivers. Chris