Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2004 13:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Appleton Last year when I was dealing with a manual handling v fire safety issue I remember reading in some british standard, hse guidance or trade association code of practice that there were maximum hose lengths when using oxygen & acetylene - but as you may have guessed - I can't remember where I saw this info (or was I dreamimg ?). I now have need for this info - can anyone please help me out ?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2004 15:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt Dear Steve you need the British Compressed Gases Association publication CP7, The safe use of oxy-fuel gas equipment. There is a break point at 3 m length or greater than 6.3 mm bore. Below that they recommend that you should have a non-return valve at the blowpipe inlet, plus a flashback arrestor and cut-off-valve at the regulator outlet. Above the break point they recommend that a flashback arrestor is placed at both ends of the hose. You have to watch out that there is sufficient flow capacity. Jane
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2004 08:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Appleton Jane, thanks for your response - but not the answer I was looking for. I have read through CP7 - but what I wanted to know was if there is a maximum distance from gas bottles to cutting torch