Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2004 14:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert S Woods Could anyone help with guidance on the maximum periods between statutory certification for the different classes of pressure vessels. Thanks in advance, Robert Woods
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 March 2004 14:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis The easy answer here is the time that the competent person states - Pressure Systems Safety Regs 2000. Seriously though you need to take advice from such a person and not try and predetermine what you think is suitable. The old idea of fixed periods caused a lot of difficulty because ultimately the risk factors varied between one installation and another. Bob
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2004 15:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd Hi Robert, We have some pressure vessels e.g. air/oil receivers, intercoolers and aftercoolers on compressors that get a Thorough Examination every 26 months (I think there is Part 1 and Part 2 to this TE - it talks about Part 2 having to be done within 2 months of Part 1). Then we have other nitrogen vessels which get working examinations and intermediate examinations also. As the previous respondant said, dates for further examinations of the systems are to be established by the competent person. Our examination reports of pressure vessels say at the bottom, "This examination was carried out in accordance with the above written scheme of examination, certified by Ajax Insurance Association" but I'm not sure what that means... Regards, Karen
Admin  
#4 Posted : 17 March 2004 17:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert S Woods I've just found a bokklet by plant safety ltd called the Inspection Guide, it has all the basic info needed to save me trawling the regs every time I need to check on different vessels.