Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2004 09:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Craige A colleague of mine is considering becoming a RSP. How would he go about it and what does it enatail? What are the annual costs? What are the main benefits? Any advice greatly appreciated. Craig
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 April 2004 10:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kelvin Hughes Craige Without stating the obvious, have you tried the membership information section of the IOSH web site?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 April 2004 10:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Craige Not yet, I'm new to this site and wasn't aware there was one. I'll have a look. Thanks Craig
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 April 2004 11:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Craige I've had a look at the relevant section of this site but cost isn't mentioned. Anyone know the subscription costs? Craig
Admin  
#5 Posted : 06 April 2004 12:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis The RSP does not affect the subscription level as that is fixed by the grade of corporate membership. You do need to have undertaken a full CPD cycle and be currently still be doing so, hold corporate membership and then apply for entry onto the register. The CPD is currently a one off notional £10 to register Bob
Admin  
#6 Posted : 06 April 2004 13:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee Aren't IOSH doing away with RSP next year ?
Admin  
#7 Posted : 06 April 2004 13:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis Peter Short answer is that it is so proposed under the new structure but those working towards it will have a flying start when the changes take place for the new grade of corporate member. Bob
Admin  
#8 Posted : 06 April 2004 20:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman I hadn't heard anything about doing away with RSP. However, my subscription renewal MIOSH, RSP is £70 this year and I am still thinking about it. What do I get for 10 years RSP ? nothing as far as I can tell. I might resign.
Admin  
#9 Posted : 06 April 2004 23:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Edward Partington I have spent 4 years at university gaining a degree in in OSH. I am hoping that the new structure recognises this and offers Chartered membership to people like my-self. I also hope that CPD is properly recognised. Regards David.
Admin  
#10 Posted : 07 April 2004 08:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee Its on page 52 of this months practitioner.