Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 April 2004 17:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eric Burt
I am currently drafting a stress policy for our organisation.

Does anyone have a policy that they would be willing to share and would anyone like a copy of ours when it is finished?

I have had a look at the HSE model policy and have taken some ideas from it, but will be adding quite a bit more.

Also - is anyone doing stress risk assessments?

Cheers

Eric
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2004 01:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Edward Partington
Eric we have had a policy for some time now in Southwark. I am happy to send you a copy plus a copy of a letter that I have written to the HSE in preperation of the fact that the HSE are tugging London authorities on this issue.

However, I am not entirley clear why in leafy Chershire you need such a policy. Surely your staff can simply lay back in their hammock and meditate in the calm quiet of leafy Chesire.......

Regards

David Partington

Please send your postal address to me at

David.Partington@Southwark.gov.uk

Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 April 2004 16:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kieran Duignan
Eric

I regret that I'm not in a position to offer you a swap but, after about 17 years' experience of working with employers in diverse industries about stress management, may I suggest that you distinguish between what is involved in stating a policy on stress management and how you implement it.

You can have a valid, clear and simple policy to identify and control levels of stress that is sufficient to serve as guidance for managers and staff of the policy goals.

Implementing this may required different kinds of tools for different kinds of jobs. The tools Deborah Armstrong referred to are valuable but the generic risk assessment principle that risk levels should be compared to industry standards as closely as possible is also useful to bear in mind.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 April 2004 13:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gareth Bryan
Eric,

I know all about stress!

Give me a ring.

Gareth
Admin  
#5 Posted : 23 April 2004 13:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hilary Charlton