Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2004 14:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee
Just read the posting in the news section what a great idea however if it has just completed its first year why is this the first time I have heard of it ?

How about a section on the subscriptions renewal form for members to donate to the benevolent fund.

If 27,000 members donated at least £1 that would be err over £27,000 for the fund.

For persons like me, that never knew about it, click "news centre" to the left of the screen.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2004 14:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geof
I thought there was provision on the annual subscription form for the benevolent fund?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2004 15:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee
Don't know Geof I've never seen it but I shall look harder next year.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 June 2004 22:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne
I thought the IOSH benevolent fund was the ridiculously high prices they charge for their courses and exams.

Paul
Admin  
#5 Posted : 28 June 2004 09:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey
IOSH don't run any exams.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 28 June 2004 09:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Membership Registrar
Annual Subscription Invoices DO provide the option for a member to donate to the Benevolent Fund and we have had some very substantial donations from some individuals for which we are extremely grateful.

Every member had a leaflet concerning the new fund when we distributed the information pack, last year, together with a copy of the Royal Charter.

Norman Walton
Admin  
#7 Posted : 28 June 2004 09:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rob Strange
I can confirm that the IOSH Benevolent Fund has been publicised via the SHP, the web-site, the Branch Officials' Conference etc and that a leaflet explaining the role of the Fund is included with all new member packs. I can also confirm that the annual subscription renewal slip has included a section for donations to the Fund for the last two years, and that an explanatory leaflet has also been included in the renewal packs and envelopes.

Rob Strange
Chief Executive & Trustee of the IOSH Benevolent Fund
Admin  
#8 Posted : 28 June 2004 11:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Hazel,

I know they don't and neither do Carling but if they did they would probably be the best exams in the world.

Having a bit of light hearted banter.

Warning, being with IOSH may affect your sense of humour.

Paul
Admin  
#9 Posted : 29 June 2004 08:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alec Wood
Paul,

That would be Carlsberg, not Carling

WARNING Use of the IOSH forums may turn you into a pedantic spell checker with an obsession for irrelevant detail

Alec Wood
Admin  
#10 Posted : 29 June 2004 08:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Alec,

Well spotted. A sense of humour does exist in this forum after all.

Paul