Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 June 2004 04:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hector Ladies and gentleman I am in the process of compiling a near miss presentation for my workforce who are mainly from India, Pakistan and Vietnam. (Company is based in the UAE) As you can appreciate, I want to keep the presentation short and to the point because of the barriers in communication. I would appreciate any ideas, comments, including any clip art pictures regarding near misses you may have, to make this presentation a successful one. The aim of the presentation is to get the workforce actively involved in reporting near misses, which has been hard in the past due to the blame culture in the company. Any feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance Hector.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2004 16:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Delwynne I have found that one of the most difficult things with near misses is not so much changing the 'blame culture' but actually getting people to recognise what a near miss is. On many occasions when questioned our employees have reasoned that the incident didn't need reporting " because it happens all the time and nobodies been hurt by it...yet". Pass me a brick wall!! Seriously though do make sure that part of your presentation focuses on what you are actually expecting them to tell you. What industry are you involved in? I may have some photos however I don't know if they would be applicable.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 June 2004 19:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michael Nixon Please see my direct e-mail with helpful attachments
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 June 2004 07:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By azman abdul aziz Hector, Please send to me direct what you have install and I will look into it. Regards, Azman