Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 July 2004 10:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryan Prestbury I am currently reviewing the fire strategy of my company which also has 5 remote depots. After a meeting with my local fire officer, which i organised, he made several recommendations the majority of which I have now completed. He also requested that I create a fire risk assessment for the workplace. I have a copy of Fire Safety - An Employers Guide to assist me. I seem to have developed a mental block and I am struggling to get started on this document not knowing how much information to put into it. I would like to know if anyone out there would be kind enough to email me a copy of their Fire Risk assessment for a similar setup which will help me create a similar level of detail for my workplace. We are a engineering manufacturing company with a small number of machines. We mainly assembly goods. We employ 100 of which 27 are shop floor employees.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2004 10:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Oliver Bryan, I will e-mail you direct. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2004 08:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rod Douglas Bryan, I shall e-mail you direct. Aye, Rod D
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 July 2004 09:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rebecca Oriana Jackson I recently attended a seminar run by the Fire Service College which was really informative and made logic of writing a Fire Risk Assessment. Their contact details are theritage@fireservicecollege.ac.uk it cost about £250.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 05 July 2004 13:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryan Prestbury Thank you all for your excellent information and advice. It is good to find a discussion forum that has a positive attitude to actually helping others achieve results. This will help to ensure that effective H&S policy is put in place. Regards Bryan