Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2004 14:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Taylor A colleague is looking site a machine on the shop floor. In the ideal location the access to the control cabinet is 'tight'. Can anybody remind me of the minimum clearance required from an electric box to allow for people to be thrown clear in the event of an electric shock and to prevent them being pushed into the cabinet by a colleague trying to pass. I could do it on a risk assessment basis but I seem to recall there is a minimum set distance that must be achieved. thanks Martin
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 July 2004 16:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geof No longer a stat req (revoked) but mentioned in E@W regs: Low/med pressure 3' High pressure 3' 6" bare conductors low/med 4' 6" bare conductors high/extra high 8' Happy to fax over the relevant info - email number to geoff@adams-burt.co.uk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2004 19:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Taylor thanks Geoff - does anybody else have information on this matter? regards MT