Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2004 19:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Kenning
Is there anybody out there currently doing the NVQ4 'Domain Knowledge and understanding' criteria, there are 159 questions. This is before the thirteen compulsary Units. I haven't heard anyone mention these. The thing I would like to know is how much work do I put into this separate portfolio because at the moment I am about a third of the way through and nearly filled a lever arch file. It is a hard slog and I am possibly putting too much information in. As a guide how many (on average) A4 sheets would you type out for each question.

Help!

Thanks Ian.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2004 09:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Parry
I did the original version with only 10 larger units instead of the 13 new smaller units, however I had two LARGE folders full of information as well as a folder with the associated required paperwork so no you most likely dont have too much information !

Have fun
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2004 13:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis MSc MIOSH RSP
This is one you MUST ask your Centre/Assessor about- each has a different view- many cover it be questioning etc.

For further help you might want to post on the "Study Support Forum"- its designed for just this sort of question and I know that there are a number of people who access it who are doing level 4 too.

Good luck with it by the way.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2004 19:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Linda Crossland-Clarke
Hi

These questions will have been written by your training provider. Members of this forum will be from a diverse background of providers, so not all will be required to answer written questions.

If I was your assessor, assessing to these questions I would recommend answering the questions verbally. Record yourself on tape cassette or onto digital dictaphone and burn a copy to disc, inserting it into your portfolio. So much easier, and quicker.

Linda