Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2004 16:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd Anyone else see this last night? I had to turn it over after seeing all the things removed from the head, including an anchor. And as for someone standing up and bumping their head on the underside of their workmate's cartridge gun...and the bouncing cartridge gun that shot someone's head with (7?) nails when they fell and dropped it?!?! Karen
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 July 2004 16:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Byatt Karen, Have you been venturing too far down the Sky channels again? James
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 July 2004 16:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jonathan Breeze Did it perchance refer to the case of pair of swimming goggles and a child in Hertfordshire?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 July 2004 16:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd Noooo! It was on C4 last night, though not sure if that makes it more 'respectable'. I shall have to turn the TV off as I think it is hazardous to my health. Any more "How Clean is Your House?" and I'll end up with obsessive compulsive disorder. Now, where did I put the vinegar, dear? ;) Karen
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 July 2004 17:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Byatt Karen, before you (wisely) switched over, did they reveal how the anchor got stuck in the poor chaps head in the first place....? "I was sat on the sea-bed, minding my own business when this B****y trawler decided to park in my spot..." I wonder if he was wearing goggles at the time...might have seen it coming... James
Admin  
#6 Posted : 13 July 2004 17:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Karen Todd I think they were a little over enthusiastic when they were pulling the anchor up, or else it had got stuck. So, when they got it free, it came flying up into the air, swung around in an arc and struck the back of the bloke's head. Ouch. I do wish I had recorded it though, as some of the workplace accidents would have made good training materials...but on the other hand seeing what was removed from people's heads made me turn it over. I didn't have the nerve to sit through the rest of it to see what was removed from elsewhere (and no, I am not a first aider). Karen
Admin  
#7 Posted : 14 July 2004 11:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster Karen I don't think you want to know. Some of the things hospitals have to remove from more intimate parts of the human body defy belief. john
Admin  
#8 Posted : 14 July 2004 16:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Bywater Hi guys, For some strange reason I have recorded it and believe me No. 101 really does take some believing. As for the anchor, well it would have killed him but for the fact that it wasn't a traditionally shaped one. The fillet stopped it going right through his head. One of the "oddest" was the youngster who ran onto the end of an already thrown javelin, and the Indian chap who had 200 nails (yes, knock in with a hammer type) removed from his stomach. Anyone fancy a copy of this? Can't wait for next week it's all about death! This might just be worth watching for the odd H&S story. Don't forget the sick bag while your watching. Mark.
Admin  
#9 Posted : 15 July 2004 09:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Petrie Some very interesting thing on there, especially number 101. Trust me, if you saw it you'd never eat a chicken leg again!
Admin  
#10 Posted : 16 July 2004 14:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Fiona Cowan Can anyone tell me when and if this programme is on again? Just back to the land of the living and it sounds ideal for lessons to be learned. Does anyone have a copy of the one on Monday or know if it is on sale? Regards in fascination Fiona
Admin  
#11 Posted : 16 July 2004 15:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Bywater Fiona, It's on at 10.50pm on Monday night, Channel 4. It's all about death next week apparently. Lovely! Mark
Admin  
#12 Posted : 17 July 2004 20:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By PaulA How unlucky.. or lucky were some of those people!!! I still think they were all luckier than the BiG Brother contestants that were on previous to that! I'm yet again addicted.. 3 months of my life ruined!!!....and Im at Woodland Grange on a 2 week H&S study course this Monday.... I'll never survive late nights and long days!!!! Regards to all PaulA