Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

SHP
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2004 08:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alec Wood
Hi All

Recently following postings on the careers forum, I and quite a few other certificate holders, have been directed to adverts and articles in SHP for vacancies and advice.

As far as I know, SHP is available to members of IOSH, and since associate membership was done away with, membership is not open to NEBOSH certificate holders. I know there is a convoluted method of entry if you hold the construction certificate too, but my understanding from this site is that the certificate is not sufficient qualification for entry.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me. If not, does SHP appear online as some other mags do?

Alec Wood
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2004 08:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Byatt
Morning Alec,

go to www.shponline.co.uk

All the vacancies for the current month are posted as per the paper version plus new ones get added in between publications so it's worth checking regularly.

Cheers,

James
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2004 08:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Calum R Cameron
www.shponline.co.uk
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2004 08:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Byatt
beat you by a minute Calum! :-)

Admin  
#5 Posted : 15 July 2004 08:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey
IOSH membership is open, at Affiliate level, to anyone who wants to join. The Associate membership category was close some years ago but we still accept NEBOSH Cert. holders to the Affiliate category.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 15 July 2004 11:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alec Wood
Thanks everyone, if whoever controls the site and related matters is reading - the memebership section could do with a going over. I have read it through a few times and it is as clear as mud!

Now I am aware I may join as an affiliate until I finish my dip.

Alec Wood
Samsung Electronics