Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2004 14:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young Anybody gone down the avenue of allowing mobile phone companies to erect and use mobile phone masts on their property? If so when you were doing your research into this, did you ever find any evidence suggesting that there were risks from the EMF given off by them. I've read the reports from ICNIRP, AGNIR, NRPB, the Stewart report and the Dutch report on 3G by TNO. However, I'm not sure if there is any other research papers on this subject and their findings. Comments much appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2004 13:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Hunter Please consider those who maintain your buildings/structures! Published data tends to focus on risk to public, who are generally well removed from the intensity of the source. You should consider permit/safe systems of work for maintenance/construction workers. I had a letter published in SHP on this ages ago.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2004 13:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sally Barlow My understanding of this issue was that under the Telecommunications Act 1984 telecommunications operators have absolute rights. They can chose a building and then insist that they occupy the roof space. Is this not the case?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2004 13:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young With respect to the last 2 postings, can I confirm that there will be a permit to work procedure in place to ensure that maintenance staff are not exposed to any residual emf whilst working in the vicinity.