Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 August 2004 14:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Greg Burgess
I am in the process of developing some proforma paperwork in relation to CDM i.e. pre tender H&S plans, construction phase H&S plans etc.

Would anybody be willing to share any ideas or examples with me.

Any advice of reducing the paperwork burden would also be of use.

Thanks
Greg
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 August 2004 16:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould
Hi Greg

I too am looking into this for a persoanl freind who has been caught by suprise at being a principal contractor. He had not budgeted this into his price and unfortuantly was too eager for the work. Three weeks in he has only just discovered his prediciment whilst talking to a sparky.

I am trying to help him out as I know he is a genuine bloke but this is proving to be slow as I have not yet fully mastered the requirements.

I do seem to slowly but surely find material on the net but would like to compare.

Good luck

Jason
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 August 2004 17:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Pope
You could use the documents in Croner's "Management of Construction Safety" tel 020 8547 3333
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 August 2004 20:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Fisher
Greg/Jason/Chris

I recommend you get a hold of "Managing Health and Safety in Construction", the ACoP for CDM. HSG224/ISBN0-7176-2139-1/Priced £9.50.

Within that document, whilst you have to provide the answers, at Appendix 3 for example you get a clear listing of everything you need to consider in the Pre-Tender and the Const. Phase Plan.

Regards
Bill

P.s. if you wish to discuss any aspect, e-mail a contact number and I'll give you a call.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 09 August 2004 13:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Hunter
Please - don't try to 'pro-forma' your approach to CDM - it is this whole approach which has largely scuppered the intent and successful application of the CDM Regs. Focus on communicating information about specific and important risks arising from the Project to those who need to know!!!
e.g no competent roofing contractor has to be told by a client that the project involves working at height!
As a respondent above suggests - get a hold of a copy of the ACoP.
I'm concerned to read about the contractor who has been 'caught out' on applying CDM. The Client would seem to be in breach of their duties under CDM (ensuring competency of Principal Contractor)