Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulw71  
#1 Posted : 09 March 2015 13:04:47(UTC)
paulw71

Has anyone tried the above yet ? I believe it is intended to assist in reducing paperwork and assist small builders in producing CDM 2015 compliant CPP`s (thus reducing bureaucracy). Just wondered if it actually did any of those things as some of the review comments appear less than flattering. PS (If anyone is wondering why I havnt downloaded it to see for myself. I tried and it didnt work).
Ron Hunter  
#2 Posted : 09 March 2015 13:18:53(UTC)
Ron Hunter

I posted this on a recent CDM2015 thread: I've had a brief look at this app. I agree it's a useful tool for the SME working in domestic client Projects and in that respect, I don't knock it. I'm not convinced though that it meets the HSE regulatory and guidance criteria for a CPP. Rather it seems to populate a generic set of potential risk controls to enable the contractor to develop safe systems of work for a range of risk topics. This seems to be at odds with the clutter-free HSE promoted approach to CPP. If applied across the broader Industry, this could result in a significant retrograde step - CPPs full of generic assessments, Method Statements, etc. - the very thing HSE are at pains to prevent? It will be interesting (!) to see how HSE web-based guidance develops, particularly if HSE promote (And the HSE Guidance suggests this will be the case) the CITB Wizard as a satisfactory approach to CPP compliance. Additional: I found the app. experience quite tedious on a Tablet. On a mobile phone I think this would be very hard work. (Might be an "age thing" on my part though)!! The HSE would seem to be perpetuating a two-tier approach to compliance. Free templates/ examples and links to apps for the SME, whereas larger organisations would be expected to reference the various extant elements of their health and safety management system?
RayRapp  
#3 Posted : 09 March 2015 13:32:17(UTC)
RayRapp

Most of the small builders I know don't carry smart phones...they don't work too well with wet concrete.