Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Spencer Owen  
#1 Posted : 08 June 2017 10:22:58(UTC)
Spencer Owen

I was recently on a vessel mob where a large and flexible steel chute required moving and during the lift plan and risk assessment for the lift one of the vessel crew expressed concern about using the whip line to aid in the lift and keep the steelwork from bending over. The crane operator was happy with how the lift was planned and saw no issue with using the whip line in this way but I thought i'd ask if anyone on here has more knowledge than I do about this? The load was roughly 3te, the whip line is certified to 10te @ 36m and the main line is 150Te @10m. Would be interested in your thoughts. *No idea why this isn;t split into paragraphs, the text box says 6 paragraphs... Sigh*

Edited by user 08 June 2017 10:24:07(UTC)  | Reason: Attempt at formatting