Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Danslow  
#1 Posted : 13 June 2017 11:16:16(UTC)
Danslow

Good afternoon all,

This is the first time i've used this forum so please bear with me.

I'm trying to source a mobile mansafe anchor system that can be used on roofs in excess of 5 degrees and have two operatives safely clipped onto them.  The key being it has to be temporary/mobile.  Does such a thing exist?  There are a lot of companies out there that provide varying systems but all seem to go up to 5 degrees only.

Thanks in advance......

MarkOludeniz  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2017 13:02:40(UTC)
MarkOludeniz

Hi Dan, first time for me too so bear with me!

We have had a lot of problems and issues with this ourselves as we provide a roofing maintenance regime on a large site with various types and sizes of roofs. Can I add a link so you can identify the difference between fall restraint and fall arrest - which may help somewhat.

file:///C:/Users/owner/Desktop/ALL%20SAFETY/Fall%20Restraint%20Systems%20Info.htm

Basically we have had to have 'rails' fitted the length of some of our roofs that we can then link onto as we move along. This is a restiant system, in other words you can't fall over the edge as the restaint does not allow a person to reach the fall zone. Fall arrest is a different matter as you can see from the link. 

Insurance is also a massive burden to consider - hence why the 5 degrees limit is in place.

Hope that's helped in some capacity.