Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Refgizmo  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2017 14:53:59(UTC)
Refgizmo

Hi Guys,

We are anticipating being awarded the fit out of four new retail units within a shopping centre, which have been priced individually, for the same client.

They will all be run at the same time.

Is there anything that contravenes any legislation if we put one site manager to manage all four fit outs? (Obviously our costs will be adjusted to suit. I'm looking from a health and safety / project management point of view.)

RayRapp  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2017 18:49:18(UTC)
RayRapp

I cannot think of any legislation or guidance which will be breached. If you are the PC for these four sites then the same principles will apply regardless of whether you are fitting out one or more. Is the project notifiable?

Refgizmo  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2017 21:03:36(UTC)
Refgizmo

Good point. One on it's own won't be, but all four together probably will. I'll check numbers and notify as one project if necessary.
Ron Hunter  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2017 15:49:37(UTC)
Ron Hunter

It's the Client's job to notify, not yours. You can advise him accordingly, however the Client may have any number of valid commercial reasons for keeping the Projects separate.

I've no issues at all with your intended supervisory approach.