Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thunderchild  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2017 08:11:28(UTC)
thunderchild

Wonder if anyine can advise. Does the H&S policy statement need to be in the company registered name? The reason I as is that we have a group of companines and we have a group policy however the group name in itself is not a legal entity.

I would have thought its more about the content of the policy (which is correct) rather than the name being legally registered and it is clear that its the same business is not a completly obsure name.

Waz  
#2 Posted : 21 August 2017 14:12:16(UTC)
Waz

Legal entity is irrelevant - who is the employer, that is where the legal duty lays!! I have had the experience myself for major corporations and small less complex organisations and the answer is the same, but under the HASAW etc. Act 1974 it is the requirement of the employer to provide a statement showing the current policy on occupational health and safety. Trust this clarifies? Waz
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2017 15:11:45(UTC)
Roundtuit

In a multiple "company" system it is typical that a group policy would be signed by the CEO or similar with local policies (reflecting this umbrella document) being signed by the senior manager/officer of the trading/sister companies

If the group itself is not a legal entity how do you pay certification providers (if held)?

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 21 August 2017 15:11:45(UTC)
Roundtuit

In a multiple "company" system it is typical that a group policy would be signed by the CEO or similar with local policies (reflecting this umbrella document) being signed by the senior manager/officer of the trading/sister companies

If the group itself is not a legal entity how do you pay certification providers (if held)?