Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
prads  
#1 Posted : 18 October 2017 04:40:53(UTC)
prads

It seems I am finding it difficult to convince my management the need to have a specific JSA/TRA performed for the daily routine activities and develop method statements, which could be periodically reviewed. Instead, the management is of the opinion that we could directly take the excerpts from the SOPs and prepare 'Work Instructions' for the routine tasks. 

Management seems to be convinced that JSA/TRAs are only required for non-routine unusual kind of jobs. While I am trying to explain that WI needs to be developed after doing a JSA/TRA with inputs from SOPs. 

Your views pls!

RayRapp  
#2 Posted : 18 October 2017 07:36:48(UTC)
RayRapp

You don't say what type of tasks you are referring to or whether these are internal/external activities, without this information it is very difficult to comment. 

Bigmac1  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2017 07:38:55(UTC)
Bigmac1

Your both right in a way.

Depends on the risk, its quite plausable to incorporate R.A into a working instruction