Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HSE Chris Wright  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2017 14:18:21(UTC)
HSE Chris Wright

Hello All,

For clarification, If we send an operative say, from Germany to Mexico to work. In Germany he has training for height and confined spaces, is this accepted also in Mexico or would he have to go through additional training in Mexico normally?

I would have thought if proof of training can be provided by the company then this would be acceptable?

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2017 16:07:38(UTC)
Roundtuit

http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/services/free-movement-professionals_en

The EU makes case about "professional qualification" recognition

I doubt a national training as described would be high on the agenda for any international mutual recognition

Received training would refer to relevant European Standards e.g. for harness, respirator etc. which I doubt would be readily available in Mexico

As the equipment and regulations in Mexico would not be the same as the employee is used to in Germany at minimum there should be some conversion training

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 13 November 2017 16:07:38(UTC)
Roundtuit

http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/services/free-movement-professionals_en

The EU makes case about "professional qualification" recognition

I doubt a national training as described would be high on the agenda for any international mutual recognition

Received training would refer to relevant European Standards e.g. for harness, respirator etc. which I doubt would be readily available in Mexico

As the equipment and regulations in Mexico would not be the same as the employee is used to in Germany at minimum there should be some conversion training