Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paul.skyrme  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2017 21:04:33(UTC)
paul.skyrme

Just been thinking I use some other forums and we have the ability to put a standard signature at the bottom of our posts.

I can't see a way to add this on here, am I dumb, or is it not available to us on here please?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

johnmurray  
#2 Posted : 28 December 2017 22:21:28(UTC)
johnmurray

Hardly surprising.

They still have not sorted the login problem some users have.

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 29 December 2017 17:50:40(UTC)
Roundtuit

and the purpose of this signature would be? Personally I see the posters name/avatar as the reference to who has posted so other than adding two to three additional/superfluous lines in to a post

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 29 December 2017 17:50:40(UTC)
Roundtuit

and the purpose of this signature would be? Personally I see the posters name/avatar as the reference to who has posted so other than adding two to three additional/superfluous lines in to a post

A Kurdziel  
#5 Posted : 03 January 2018 16:39:49(UTC)
A Kurdziel

People often describe these as electronic signatures. They are not. A signature on a written document is something that only you can do, proving that you have seen/read a document. If you append a .jpg of a signature to a document you have not proved anything. An electronic signature is something that only you can do, for example confirming something using your password. There is no need for a signature as in theory only you can go onto the forum using your password.