Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
colin_best  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2018 15:03:22(UTC)
colin_best

Hello,

I am looking for ideas on managing my companies approved sub-contractors. My current spreadsheet is very messy and not really a working model as I am unable to issue a hard copy to the site managers due to how it comes out when I print.

I would love and appretiate your templates or ideas to either improve mine or even incorporate in to my company. 

Maybe there is a completely different way to do this.

Thank you in advance

jodieclark1510  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2018 15:33:40(UTC)
jodieclark1510

What is it that you want the spreadsheet to do?

Oliverp1  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2018 15:50:37(UTC)
Oliverp1

Is the problem because of the layout on screen or its formatting? If its a formatting issue im sure it can be resolved in the print settings. 

georgiaredmayne  
#4 Posted : 12 January 2018 15:52:59(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Hi Colin, In terms of improving it you could have the following columns which would work nice with ISO 14001:2015 if you have it: - contractor name - approval date - means approved - risk/impact of contractor/service (I.e high medium low) - contractor type - monitoring conditions (I.e auditing/spot checks/performance meetings/KPIs) - your business requirements (I.e compliance with organisation standards/policies/site rules) - frequency they work for you I.e occasionally, always etc. - competency checks - certification company holds Just a starters for ten and a few thoughts. Georgia
colin_best  
#5 Posted : 15 January 2018 10:19:25(UTC)
colin_best

Thanks for your input.

The Spreadsheet at the moment only really tracks if the sub-contractors insurance is out of date. It keeps contact details etc. We use sub-contractors to carry out maintenace work, electrical work and anything else to do with looking after social housing.

Its interesting 14001 is quoted as I have not looked at the spreadsheet as being part of it. We hold 9001, 14001 & 18001. I will lok at those documents to see if they can help.

Please keep the thoughts coming though as there is always room to improve.

Thank you

Hsquared14  
#6 Posted : 15 January 2018 12:02:47(UTC)
Hsquared14

Firstly decide on what you want to issue in hard copy and design your spreadsheet so that the information you want to issue in this way is easily selected for printing.  Then develop the rest of the spreadsheet to include all the other information you want to keep.  Contractor management comes into each of the 3 standards you have quoted so I am surprised that you haven't made that connection before.  

colin_best  
#7 Posted : 15 January 2018 12:19:19(UTC)
colin_best

Originally Posted by: Hsquared14 Go to Quoted Post

Firstly decide on what you want to issue in hard copy and design your spreadsheet so that the information you want to issue in this way is easily selected for printing.  Then develop the rest of the spreadsheet to include all the other information you want to keep.  Contractor management comes into each of the 3 standards you have quoted so I am surprised that you haven't made that connection before.  

Thanks,

I do have a spreadsheet which has passed numerous BSI audits. What im looking for is to improve it. Maybe how it looks, maybe slim it down a bit. Just putting the feelers out. 

I was hoping to see a couple of examples or even speak with a subject matter expert.