Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhoward  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2018 15:36:19(UTC)
jhoward

Hi All,

just looking for a little bit of advice. I am currently being asked to provide train the trainer sessions at work.

In order to make sure I am competnet they are happy to provision a train the trainer course. 

My question is who to go with - RoSPA provide training which looks good, and a company called the health and safety group also provide training.

Both are accreditate - RoSPA by Ofqual and the HS group by the association of first aiders.

Does anyone have any experience in either company or are there any others i should be considering?

Thanks in advance

Ian A-H  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2018 15:57:21(UTC)
Ian  A-H

I've been on Dr Alistair Bromhead's TtT course and it's the best MH course I've been on (admittedly it's the ONLY MH course I've been on - but most respondents will be in the same position!).

What I can say is it's highly practical; filled with top tips, hints and strategies to engage with learners. You come away with a C&G certificate and a memory stick of resources -ppt, lesson plans etc. And good value.

http://www.abromhead.co.uk/manual-handling-train-the-trainer.asp

Ian

thanks 1 user thanked Ian A-H for this useful post.
jhoward on 21/02/2018(UTC)
Paul Horsburgh  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2020 12:57:21(UTC)
Paul Horsburgh

Abertay International Training provide an accredited Manual Handling Trainer (Level 3) accredited through the UK awarding body SafeCert Awards. Its a 2 day trainer course at various venues across the UK, but they also provide the course via distance learning on Zoom. They include trainer manual, PowerPoint and awarding body accreditation trainers certification as part of the course.  See them www.abertaytraining.co.uk " href="http://Abertay provide a new accredited Mental Health First Aid Trainer (Level 3) Course over 3 days across the UK as well as provide a distance learning on Zoom option. Its only 450 pounds and you are able to teach accredited Mental Health First Aid Awards after qualifying.  Its listed here www.abertaytraining.co.uk ">HERE

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2020 13:12:01(UTC)
Roundtuit

Another new poster who did not read the rules - Reported

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
jhoward on 22/12/2020(UTC), jhoward on 22/12/2020(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2020 13:12:01(UTC)
Roundtuit

Another new poster who did not read the rules - Reported

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
jhoward on 22/12/2020(UTC), jhoward on 22/12/2020(UTC)
toe  
#6 Posted : 02 January 2021 02:04:21(UTC)
toe

Originally Posted by: jhoward Go to Quoted Post

Both are accreditate - RoSPA by Ofqual and the HS group by the association of first aiders.

Just wondering why the 'association of first aiders' would accreditate a manual handling TfT course?

jhoward  
#7 Posted : 02 January 2021 06:10:20(UTC)
jhoward

Not sure but they did. Just FYI this is a really old post from 2018 which was dredged up by a spammer :)
Friday Itodo  
#8 Posted : 02 January 2021 15:31:13(UTC)
Friday Itodo

ITODO FRIDAY EDWIN: Manual Handling might not seem so risky, but it is actually one of the most common causes of workplace injuries. The importance of giving training to employees on safe manual handling techniques can therefor means the difference between a productive day at work or being absent from work with an injured back; when you move, lift, carry, push something, you are engage in manual handling.