Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buzzz  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2018 08:25:26(UTC)
buzzz

Hi

Does anyone work for a global organisation where there is a requirement to understand the different legislative landscapes?

Irish member  
#2 Posted : 07 March 2018 08:56:04(UTC)
Irish member

Morning,  Im working for a UK company that has 10000 employes world wide,  USA, India, China, Europe, SA. I'm with "Group"  but in any other organisiation it would be "Corporate"

buzzz  
#3 Posted : 07 March 2018 09:14:24(UTC)
buzzz

Thanks, will message you.

Not sure why i posted this in here so feel free to move to the general forum admin.

Ian Bell2  
#4 Posted : 07 March 2018 13:04:32(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Yes. I have clients in Barnsley, Cleckheaton, Mirfield and Otley. Sometimes I work internationally and go to Bacup over t'hills in Lancashire.

buzzz  
#5 Posted : 07 March 2018 13:33:22(UTC)
buzzz

Hi Ian, is that within the UK or overseas?

fairlieg  
#6 Posted : 07 March 2018 15:20:48(UTC)
fairlieg

Originally Posted by: buzzz Go to Quoted Post

Hi

Does anyone work for a global organisation where there is a requirement to understand the different legislative landscapes?

I work internationally let me know what help you need

frankyrawson  
#7 Posted : 12 March 2018 07:18:44(UTC)
frankyrawson

I work internationally with colleagues employed locally and head office in UK, DM me if you have any specific issues you woudl ike to discuss.

Messey  
#8 Posted : 12 March 2018 09:36:49(UTC)
Messey

I too have international responsibilities, mainly applying fire safety standards in challenging third world environments with few regulatory requirements - and where there are duties, they usually fall well below UK standards

Andrew W Walker  
#9 Posted : 12 March 2018 09:46:50(UTC)
Andrew W Walker

Originally Posted by: Ian Bell2 Go to Quoted Post

Yes. I have clients in Barnsley, Cleckheaton, Mirfield and Otley. Sometimes I work internationally and go to Bacup over t'hills in Lancashire.

Its grim up North...