Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eddy  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2018 20:26:10(UTC)
Eddy

Hi folks Can anyone advise me of good source for creating your own in-house flyers posters etc. Eddy
Charlie Brown  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2018 22:13:52(UTC)
Charlie Brown

Hi Eddy, I always used MS Powerpoint and printed the slides but I know others have used MS Publisher, Adobe and probably a whole host of other publishing software. The reason I always used PPT is that I am very familiar with it due to having to do presentations and it did everything I needed it to. Good luck.

A Kurdziel  
#3 Posted : 13 March 2018 09:45:29(UTC)
A Kurdziel

How do you intend to use these posters and flyers?

They can be effective but unless you refresh them and produce new ones periodically they can get to be old hat very quickly. You often produce too many of them and they end up forgotten in a cupboard. You look at them years later and they look very sad and usually the information they contain is obsolete: names of people, phone numbers etc.

If you have the facilities there are better ways to do the H&S message thing: popup messages on the company intranet, screens in common areas etc.

Just going around and showing you face is very effective.

If you do get involved in posters and flyers don’t get too precious about how they look: stylistic fashions come and go. It’s funny how all of the posters from a particular period all look very similar; you can almost date the poster from the sort of colours which were then in use.

DaveDowan  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2018 11:40:43(UTC)
DaveDowan

Hi I use Microsoft Publsher 2010 to produce leaflets , its easy to use and very cost effcetie 

regards Dave

Ashbo82  
#5 Posted : 13 March 2018 12:07:20(UTC)
Ashbo82

Afternoon,

If you or your colleagues are any good at using graphic/image editing programmes, then as a suggestion as an alternate to Powerpoint etc. Inkscape or GIMP are free programmes that are quite good and the images you create are called vectors so you dont lose quality when you enlarge them if printing say A3 or bigger.

Failing that, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator are the better ones for sure, however unless where you work you have access to these, they are expensive to buy?

Hope this helps.