Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Waz  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2018 11:50:13(UTC)
Waz

My company wants to progress with ISO45001 within the next 6 months, as they made the decision to wait for this International Standard, rather than certificate to OHSAS.  The key question for me, is when do we believe certification bodies will be in a position to audit against the standard and do any of you have any recommendations to which certification body to use.  

We would need UKAS accredited bodies, as we do a lot of work for the Public Sector, so would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks.

Kate  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2018 12:14:57(UTC)
Kate

I would expect them to be ready immediately.  The reason I say this is that when I last met a BSI auditor (not that I am recommending BSI particularly) he said that he and his colleagues had already had training on 45001 (even before it had been published).

UncleFester  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2018 12:43:19(UTC)
UncleFester

Originally Posted by: Kate Go to Quoted Post

I would expect them to be ready immediately.  The reason I say this is that when I last met a BSI auditor (not that I am recommending BSI particularly) he said that he and his colleagues had already had training on 45001 (even before it had been published).

I understand that training has been based on the Final Draft - which is pretty similarly worded to the standard out today.

Kate  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2018 10:50:42(UTC)
Kate

It seems I was right - some organisations have achieved their certification already just a day after the thing came in!

https://www.overbury.com/knowledge/news/new-health-safety-standard/