Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nasirmehmood  
#1 Posted : 27 March 2018 09:55:15(UTC)
Nasirmehmood

I have attempted NEBOSH ED-1 recently and attempted all questions confidently, as i received result, 43 marks was given which is really not reasonable comparing to what i expected. So is it worth to ask NEBOSH for Enquiry about result 

georgiaredmayne  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2018 10:01:08(UTC)
georgiaredmayne

Hi, I would say if you feel confident about the answers you gave and you feel as though it was above pass mark go for the EAR it doesn’t hurt but may cost you if you don’t pass with a remark. Last year I undertook the Unit A exam of my NEBOSH Diploma and I felt relatively confident that I had at least passed, I got a refer at 42% so required 3% to pass, I submitted an EAR and got my final pass mark at 50%!! So someone somewhere messed up the marking. It can equally go both ways though I know someone who had lost marks through an EAR so try not to get your hopes up in case it doesn’t come out as expected.
George_Young  
#3 Posted : 27 March 2018 10:57:19(UTC)
George_Young

A few years ago I sat NGC1, which I failed by 2 marks, deeply dissapointing as you know.

I decided to just do a resit as I didnt think it was worth remarking as I thought that a remark would be a waste of resources and I would benifiet and learn more by resitting

2 weeks before waiting for my resit marks I had an email from NEBOSH stating that my orginal paper had been audited and remarked, had I had scored 49, which was a pass. 

If I was to fail again so close to the pass mark, I would consider going for a EAR.

redspelly  
#4 Posted : 27 March 2018 20:18:18(UTC)
redspelly

I went down the EAR route a couple of years ago - I got 43% for unit B Diploma EAR came back about 10 days before the resit and they upped my mark............ to 44% so still a refer - it was a sore one to take but I smashed the resit. It’s worth the gamble but don’t bank on it coming off and make sure you prepare for the resit as there is only around 2 weeks from EAR result to the next set of exams
MattSmith189  
#5 Posted : 28 March 2018 10:06:56(UTC)
MattSmith189

I was told during the classroom sessions for NEBOSH NGC that it's basicily not worth contesting the result as it's unlikely they'll admit they made a mistake. But if you feel that strongly then go for it :)

George_Young  
#6 Posted : 28 March 2018 10:49:01(UTC)
George_Young

Originally Posted by: MattSmith189 Go to Quoted Post

I was told during the classroom sessions for NEBOSH NGC that it's basicily not worth contesting the result as it's unlikely they'll admit they made a mistake. But if you feel that strongly then go for it :)

NEBOSH admitted their mistake to me 6 months down the line, I know of other people who achieved success from EAR.

RRC exams team also recommend EAR if you fall short by 1 or 2 marks, so im guessing that RRC have seen results improved by carrying out EAR.

Edited by user 28 March 2018 10:49:34(UTC)  | Reason: *

thanks 1 user thanked George_Young for this useful post.
MattSmith189 on 28/03/2018(UTC)
MattSmith189  
#7 Posted : 28 March 2018 10:55:27(UTC)
MattSmith189

Originally Posted by: George_Young Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MattSmith189 Go to Quoted Post

NEBOSH admitted their mistake to me 6 months down the line, I know of other people who achieved success from EAR.

RRC exams team also recommend EAR if you fall short by 1 or 2 marks, so im guessing that RRC have seen results improved by carrying out EAR.

Well in that case go for it!