Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cnev  
#1 Posted : 20 August 2018 18:00:03(UTC)
cnev

I am thinking about doing my nebosh general cert soon. I have been looking at a few training providers and found a good deal of a price difference between them. Can anyone recommend any in particular or ones to stay away from? I was thinking of going to Health and Safety Services in lurgan, has anyone used them?

Scoobydoo1  
#2 Posted : 21 August 2018 07:40:43(UTC)
Scoobydoo1

HI cnev, I have used them in the past and they were good. You might also want to try HealthmattersNI. I have no links with eitehr company. You could try the local college, SERC.ac.uk who deliver the NEBOSH Cert

cnev  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2018 12:36:40(UTC)
cnev

Thanks for the reply, did you use them for a Nebosh? Was the teaching adequate? They are a good deal cheaper than anyone else so I was worried the standard of learning might suffer as a result?
jontyjohnston  
#4 Posted : 21 August 2018 13:09:50(UTC)
jontyjohnston

Hi cnev

I did my certificate with Belfast Met through an evening class. So any of the colleges would be good value for money.

Dont fret over the standard of learning. To deliver any NEBOSH course you have to be an approved training provider and are therefore subject to checks and balances to ensure the course delivery meets NEBOSH/IOSH expectations.

I think for you it is just down to cost and convenience.

I would recommend the Cert to anyone! I did it as a shift operations supervisor in the power industry but it was my platform into the safety profession, never looked back since.

If you do go for it PM me and let me know and I will provide some support when needed.

Regards, Jonty

cnev  
#5 Posted : 21 August 2018 17:36:19(UTC)
cnev

Yeah cost is an issue. As there’s up to 500 pounds in difference between the ones I have priced. I am leaning towards the health and safety services in lurgan to do mine. My other choice was training solutions ni in Antrim but they are 400 more expensive and I don’t know if it’s worth the difference? I’m a self employed grounds man although do hold a university degree so I’m hoping by completing this cert that I will gain employment in the health and safety sector.
jontyjohnston  
#6 Posted : 22 August 2018 09:19:27(UTC)
jontyjohnston

Go for the best price option, all the same syllabus and certificate at the end.

My brother is a groundsman and having seen some of his antics....sorry work methods a safety qualification would be useful!

J

PearlJam  
#7 Posted : 31 August 2018 10:54:14(UTC)
PearlJam

Hi cnev,

I completed my NEBOSH cert at Training Solutions NI (Antrim) and found it to be a great experience. It was 3 years ago now and I was relatively new to a H&S role but they had the an ex-HSENI inspector Billy teaching the course who explained everything very clearly and it was never a 'read-the-slide' type presentation. Regarding cost I can't comment as my company paid for it.

Either way good luck with your choice and course.