Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SafeStickman  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2018 16:52:10(UTC)
SafeStickman

I want to deliver in-house abrasive wheels training for our operatives but need a template/format to go off.  Can anyone help with a link / power point presentation prior to me taking the practicle element please?

badacid  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2018 11:04:11(UTC)
badacid

We have just started using this online course. Its got a slideshow and a test at the end, and then it generates a certificate. 

https://www.ihasco.co.uk/courses/detail/abrasive-wheels

thanks 1 user thanked badacid for this useful post.
SafeStickman on 09/11/2018(UTC)
wobblemouth  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2018 11:22:19(UTC)
wobblemouth

Intereted to hear what peoples thoughts are on online training for the use of abrasive wheels.

I wouldn't be comfortable with allowing someone to use an angle grinder without practical trainnig. 

rickstefanetti84  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2018 12:13:39(UTC)
rickstefanetti84

iHasco are a fantastic provider of online training an their courses are really in depth and professional. We use them regularly for various courses. If you look at the course description though, it does state that this online unit is great in supporting practical training, therefor I wouldnt use this alone and call it job done.

We provide our guys with practical every three years and then the online course as a refresher at 18 months.

Hazzard41579  
#5 Posted : 12 November 2018 16:48:47(UTC)
Hazzard41579

I agree with wobblemouth on this one. This discipline definately requires a hands on approach. 

RP  
#6 Posted : 12 November 2018 18:44:07(UTC)
RP

The website for on-line training definatly states that it's used to support practical training.

badacid  
#7 Posted : 13 November 2018 14:01:23(UTC)
badacid

Sorry I misunderstood this one, all of our workers have been on a ROSPA training course initially. We use the online one as a refresher.