Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FlashingBlade  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2019 08:47:49(UTC)
FlashingBlade

Ignoring the leave/remain argument for one second as I dont want this to decend into a who is right argument, I was wondering if the impending exit from the EU has made any H&S profs. consider leaving the UK and if so, where are you thinking of going to? 

nic168  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2019 10:04:28(UTC)
nic168

New Zealand.
Connor35037  
#3 Posted : 07 February 2019 16:43:06(UTC)
Connor35037

Blighty all the way.

stevedm  
#4 Posted : 08 February 2019 07:52:27(UTC)
stevedm

Operating base moved from UK to Netherlands>Amsterdam...as a direct result of Brexit..

Also heard that UK contactors are not having contracts renewed with European companies....

Ian Bell2  
#5 Posted : 08 February 2019 09:40:06(UTC)
Ian Bell2

If I were younger, I would move to Austria - so I could go skiing as well as work there.

And yes, because of Brexit. Dumb idea.

thanks 2 users thanked Ian Bell2 for this useful post.
flysafe on 08/02/2019(UTC), Swygart25604 on 12/02/2019(UTC)
biker1  
#6 Posted : 08 February 2019 11:41:58(UTC)
biker1

If I were a lot younger, I'd gladly leave the UK, but Brexit wouldn't be the only reason (the weather, taxation, the NHS, crumbling services infrastruture, overwhelming congestion from too many cars, politicians who have lost the plot, the childish obsession with 'social media', the appalling state of our roads, I could go on and on, but don't encourage me).

There again, if I did leave, I'd miss out on the current entertainment of our politicians making a complete mess of Brexit, and the morbid fascination of observing it all.

Mr.Flibble2.0  
#7 Posted : 08 February 2019 12:51:31(UTC)
Mr.Flibble2.0

As if it would be any better anywhere else, every country has its issue and has problems with their politicians (Just look at France..and erm Trump).

I have a strong feeling this will be like the hype that happend just before New Years eve 1999 (Y2K bug anyone) and life carried on, no planes fell from the sky, computers carried on whiring away.

"Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over"

thanks 1 user thanked Mr.Flibble2.0 for this useful post.
Connor35037 on 08/02/2019(UTC)
Ian Bell2  
#8 Posted : 08 February 2019 14:59:00(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Mr Fibble. But you can't deny Austria has better skiing than the UK

thanks 1 user thanked Ian Bell2 for this useful post.
Swygart25604 on 12/02/2019(UTC)
biker1  
#9 Posted : 11 February 2019 16:49:17(UTC)
biker1

Originally Posted by: Ian Bell2 Go to Quoted Post

Mr Fibble. But you can't deny Austria has better skiing than the UK

Looking at the weather forecast warnings, that might not be the case much longer!
Swygart25604  
#10 Posted : 12 February 2019 19:43:38(UTC)
Swygart25604

In similar vein to Ian Bell2, I would choose Italy, and specifically The Dolomites. The skiing is pretty awesome, and there is too much rock-climbing for one lifetime. And yes, we already have the best deal.........